Analyst, Athlete Biological Passport
Group: Science & Medicine
Reports to: Deputy Director, Athlete Biological Passport
Posting deadline: 11 January 2019
Disclaimer: Please note that selection and interviews for this position will only take place after mid-January 2019.
The Analyst, Athlete Biological Passport (ABP), contributes to the development of effective ABP programs that are compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code. Through the monitoring of ABP data in the Anti-Doping Administration & Management System (ADAMS), this individual will provide critical input as to the functioning of ABP programs and Athlete Passport Management Units (APMUs) that will inform multiple WADA functions, including ABP monitoring, ABP development, APMU monitoring, anti-doping organization (ADO) assistance and ADO compliance monitoring.
This individual will work closely with the current ABP team in Lausanne and Montreal, and other WADA departments as required.
• Monitor the implementation of the ABP by anti-doping organizations (ADOs) and maintain global ABP program status report;
• Monitor the management of atypical passports;
• Monitor the progression of ABP cases;
• Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of anti-doping programs, particularly ADO ABP programs;
• Contribute to new and ongoing pattern analysis projects;
• Assist in the development of analytical tools for the ABP and for the assessment of the prevalence of doping based on ABP data;
• Support the assessment of new markers of doping to integrate with current ABP data (e.g., performance data);
• Monitor and assess emerging data analysis methods and apply these skills in the ABP monitoring process; and
• Support other activities related to the ABP as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with experience in an appropriate field (e.g., forensic sciences, life sciences, statistics, physiology, computer science);
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Data analysis skills and strong knowledge of statistical principles;
• Computational skills, including experience with statistical programs (e.g., R, Matlab) and/or databases and strong proficiency in MS Excel;
• Experience with pattern analysis tools an asset;
• Knowledge of biological science an asset;
• Knowledge of the field of anti-doping and international sport an asset;
• Strong ability to work in a team;
• Excellent oral and written skills in one of the two WADA official languages (English/French) and very good command of the other official language; and
• Fit with organization culture and values (e.g. teamwork, team spirit and love of sport).
Vision: WADA’s vision is a world where all athletes compete in a doping-free sporting environment.
Mission: WADA’s mission is to lead a collaborative worldwide movement for doping-free sport.
About us: WADA is headquartered in Montreal, Canada and has regional offices in Cape Town, Lausanne, Montevideo and Tokyo. As of August 2018, the Agency employs approximately 120 employees and is represented by 45 nationalities. We value the diversity of our employees – current and future – that, as a global team, endeavor every day to protect the rights of clean athletes worldwide.