Ref.10.18.62 – Research Fellow - Graphene Inkjet Printing
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Department: Quantum and Energy Materials
Group/Unit: 2D Materials and Devices
Job Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 12 months
Closing Date: November 30th, 23:00 Lisbon Time
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
INL is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Research Fellow in the area of ink-jet printing to develop graphene inks and derivative products based on such inks. The work is part of the consortium project GNESIS- Graphenest’s New Engineered System and its Implementation Solutions, funded by FEDER under project no.033566, operation code POCI-01-0247-FEDER-033566. The GNESIS project aims to demonstrate at a pre-industrial scale the innovative technology developed by Graphenest, based on a graphite exfoliation method in liquid phase using ultrasonic cavitation. The demonstration of applicability of the graphene-based materials obtained from the referred technology should be made in different application areas, one of them being graphene conductive inks that can be used in tactile screen electrodes. The current position profile therefore requires a highly skilled engineer, product oriented, to develop the ink and with it print a tactile screen electrode, according to a layout supplied by the second industrial partner of the project, who is a player in the display market.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The successful Candidate will develop a transparent and conductive ink based on Graphenest’s high-quality few-layer graphene nanoplatelets dispersions. The job includes ink preparation by careful selection of the solvents that provide the required ink properties, e.g. rheological, stability, transparency and electrical conductivity properties, and also ink-jet printing on glass substrates of patterns with layouts supplied by the industrial partner Displax in the form of AutoCad drawings. The Candidate will have access to INL inkjet printer machine to test the inks and develop the prototypes. He/she will also have access to all the characterization and diagnostic tools available at INL.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- PhD Degree in a relevant field related with the areas mentioned above (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Engineering or any other relevant fields).
- 3+ years of experience in the area of inkjet printing after PhD studies.
- Experience in technology transfer, innovation driven, in a close collaboration with industry is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
- A good track record of disseminating research results.
- Experience in carrying out research in collaboration with industry is highly valued.
- English is the working language of INL. Therefore, excellent communication skills in English are required.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button;
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organization, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquiries should be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.