BioMed X Innovation Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 583, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
About BioMed X
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting new collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At our center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world are working jointly on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, diagnostics, and consumer care. These interdisciplinary project teams are conducting groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network and receiving entrepreneurship and leadership training.
What we are looking for
A bioinformatics data analyst position is available in the team of “Epigenetics and and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group is to advance the biological understanding of COPD and identify novel epigenetic regulators of the disease. We are looking for a highly-motivated researcher with experience in bioinformatics and statistics and with a proven track record in the next-generation sequencing data analysis. You will contribute to an internationally competitive research group employing high-throughput epigenomics assays in combination with cutting-edge epigenetic and molecular biology tools. You will be responsible for analysis and integration of a wide range of NGS-based data, including genome-wide transcriptomic analysis, ATAC-seq and whole-genome bisulfite sequening.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, biostatistics or a related field
- Extensive experience in mining, integration and analysis of multiple next-generation sequencing data sets;
- Experience with common bioinformatics methods, tools, websites (e.g. NCBI, UCSC, Ensembl) and data resources (e.g. TCGA, ENCODE);
- Experience with retrieving, normalizing and analyzing high-throughput datasets using R packages / Bioconductor, as well as in the visual presentation of biological data from high-throughput experiments;
- Very good work organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Experience in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae summarizing technical skills, personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference names
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until 31st of October 2019. BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
The position is available immediately. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Renata Jurkowska via the online application system on our website https://apply.bio.mx/job/2018-J12. Applicants will be interviewed upon incoming documents, hence please get in touch as soon as you decide to apply.