The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Staff member of the Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility who will develop, optimize, and validate mass spectrometry (MS)-based analytical methods and interact with MD Anderson investigators to conduct MS analyses to assist with their projects.
The salary range is min $ 39,200 mid $ 49,000 max $ 58,800.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
1. LC-MS sample preparation:
* As a staff member of the Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility, the Mass Spec Specialist will process samples from investigators for LC-MS analysis
2. LC-MS operation:
* As a staff member of the Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility, the Mass Spec Specialist will operate LC-MS equipment to develop and optimize metabolomic methods and to analyze biological samples submitted to the core facility.
3. LC-MS data analysis:
* As a staff member of the Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility, the Mass Spec Specialist will analyze LC-MS data and generate reports for investigator projects.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Two years experience in scientific or experimental research work to include six months experience working with a mass spectrometry instrument (Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS), Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS), Liquid Chromatographic Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) or Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (ToF/MS)).
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html SONJ
- Employee Status: Regular
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 58,800