The research group Cognitive Neurophysiology (head: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Christian Beste) at the Clinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy and the Institute for Psychology of the TU Dresden focuses on the investigation of neurobiological basics of cognitive control and executive functions by means of modern experimental-psychological, neurophysiological and neurobiological methods in healthy humans and neuropsychiatric diseases.
From February 1st 2019 the following position is vacant:
Research Fellow (f/m)
The position is a full-time employment and limited for 3 years (extendable up to 6 years).
The position is to be filled within the framework of a DFG third-party funding project focusing on neuropsychopharmacology and neurophysiology of action control processes. The focus is on the dopaminergic system in healthy individuals and patients with methamphetamine dependence. The scope can be extended to development neuropsychiatric disorder, such as Tourette syndrome. The position holder will lead a project on the relevance of the dopaminergic system in action control processes and sensorimotor integration and develop further research directions on the relevance of the dopaminergic system in cognitive control. They will work in an interdisciplinary team of scientists who are pursuing various neuroscientific projects in the field of neurophysiology of action control processes and sensorimotor functions at the Dresden site.
The SFB 940 “Volition and Cognitive Control” and the research group FOR 2698 “Cognitive Theory of Tourette’s Syndrome – A New Approach” open up a variety of new perspectives for the individual development of your scientific career. The position can be integrated into FOR2698. Her work also includes the guidance and supervision of doctoral students. There is the possibility of habilitation as well as teaching activities at the Institute of Psychology of the TU Dresden on request.
- Doctorate in psychology or cognitive neuroscience
- very good knowledge of experimental psychology or psychopharmacology
- a strong knowledge of one of the following methods is an advantage (EEG, TMS)
- scientific publications as first and co-author
- good programming skills (e. g. Python or MATLAB)
- Willingness to work independently, autonomously and team-oriented
- a high level of personal commitment and interest in an academic career
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Activity in leading medical-psychological research
- Implementation of own ideas and work in an innovative interdisciplinary team Long-term development opportunities
- Agreement of flexible working hours in order to make the connection between family and career a reality
- Care of your children through partnerships with children’s institutions near the university hospital
- Use of company prevention offers, courses and fitness in our health centre Carus Vital
- career-oriented further education and training with individual planning of your professional career
Applicants with a disability will be given preference in the selection process.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The application should include a cover letter detailing professional objectives and interests, CV (with grades and language skills), and the names and email addresses of two references. The application can be written in German or English.
We look forward to receiving your application until November 25th 2018, online with registration number KJP0918379.
For further information please contact Prof. Christian Beste +49 (0) 351 458-7072 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.