At Servier we continue to foster the ambition to provide innovative therapies for unmet medical needs for the benefit of patients. In order to succeed in this exciting challenge we are actively developing our expertise and teams in Research.
In this aim, and in the context of the future regrouping of our Research activities in a brand new state-of-the-art center in Paris-Saclay in 2021, we are looking for a:
Compound Profiling Scientist
The successful candidate will manage a team of BSc- and MSc-level Scientists implementing, executing and analyzing biochemical and cell-based assays in support of hit-to-lead and lead optimization programs in five therapeutic areas (Oncology, Neurology, Metabolism, cardiovascular and Immuno-inflamation).
Key roles and activities
- Scientific and technical functional management of compound profiling platform (up to 6 technicians).
- Accountability of the output.
- Communication and discussion of results with internal and external partners.
- Management of outsourcing activities (Up to 40%).
- Implementation of strategies for continuous improvement of efficiency and productivity.
- Coaching and development of junior fellows.
Skills and experience
- PHD completed with a post-doc experience
- Academic training on at least two of the following areas:
– Organic Chemistry,
– Chemical Biology
– Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology
Expertise / Competencies
- Miniaturized assays (384, ideally 1536 MTP format).
- SAR and medicinal chemistry fundamentals.
- DMPK, safety pharmacology and toxicology.
- Software for the capture, analysis and management of screening data
- Ability to collaborate in an integrated, multi-disciplinary and international team environment (oral and written command of English is mandatory)
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- >5 Years in a Drug Discovery/Pharmaceutical R&D environment with a proven track record of scientific leadership.
About Servier: www.servier.com
Servier is an independent research-based pharmaceutical company headquartered in France.
With a strong international presence in 148 countries and 92% of its medicines being prescribed outside of France, Servier employs more than 21,200 people worldwide. In 2015, the company recorded a turnover of 3.9 billion euros of which 24% was reinvested in research and development.
To apply and for more details about the position, ref. 1203 to : email@example.com