ECLIPSE is a new platform at The University of Texas MD Anderson formed to identify novel cancer antigens and develop biologic immunotherapy strategies to treat leukemias. The primary requirement for Research Scientist - Flow Cytometry is to be an experienced and highly motivated scientist with hands-on experience in generation and analyses of complex multi-parametric flow cytometry data. Such data is expected to influence a broad array of decisions around target identification and validation.
The successful candidate will participate in cross-functional research and to design, perform and interpret assays for high throughput and high-content flow cytometry analyses. The candidate must have solid hands-on experience with designing high-parameter and high-throughput flow cytometry assays and executing robust computational analyses of longitudinal primary cell analyses on various software platforms used in flow data analyses. A strong background in T cell immunology, leukemia and stem cell transplantation is critical to success in this position. The selected candidate will be expected to work at the bench and also manage direct reports. The Research Scientist - Flow Cytometry will be expected to participate in platform leadership and decision-making. Previous experience in biotech/pharma is highly preferred
Salary range: Min $98,000 - Mid $122,500 - Max $147,000
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates knowledge in designing and performing 8-12 color flow cytometry assays; and acquisition/analysis of its data.
- Expertise in ensuring instrument standard operating procedures and maintenance of high value flow cytometry instruments.
- Experience in maintaining quality control, assuring compliance with regulations and standards of regulatory agencies.
- In depth knowledge of commercial flow cytometry software including BD FACS Diva, FlowJo, FCS Express etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate and operate in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to train other lab personnel in experimental and panel design, set up and data analysis
- Hands on experience working with primary hematological samples, with working knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques.
- A strong understanding of flow cytometry theory and application in routine analysis.
- Team player with outstanding communication skills and ability to interact with both internal and external collaborators. Demonstrate technical proficiency required to do the job; possess up-to-date knowledge in the profession; provide technical expertise to others.
- Apply basic technical/functional knowledge to complete work. Meet essential position requirements.
- Participate in an integrated target discovery research team
- Interact closely with other research staff across cross-functional groups.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, enzymology, pharmacology, chemistry or related field.
Preferred: Master's Level Degree or PhD.
Preferred: ASCP Certification.
Required: Ten years experience of relevant research laboratory experience. With Master's degree, eight years of required experience and with PhD, two years of required experience.
Preferred: Experience in a flow core facility.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Employee Status: Regular
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 98,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 122,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 147,000