Research Assistant II - Breast Medical Oncology
1. Tissue Culture: Required to have excellent tissue culture technique and be able to maintain and store cell lines under sterile and healthy condition. Candidate should follow ATCC guideline for cell culture and cryogenic storage.
2. Laboratory Animals: Required to know how to perform oral gavages, ip injection, and measure tumor size. Candidate should successfully complete training and certification by the Department of Veterinary Medicine to handle and work with live animals, primarily mice, in a safe and humane manner, following institutional guidelines for disposal of dead animals, biohazard and used needles. Responsible for ordering laboratory animals and maintaining up-to-date animal inventory
3. Basic Techniques in Molecular Biology/ Cancer Biology: Extract DNA, RNA, or protein samples from cells or tissues. Perform cell proliferation (cytotoxicity) assay, clonogenic and mammosphere assays, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence staining, PCR, Real-Time PCR, Western blot.
4. Record Keeping and Maintenance of Laboratory:
Responsible for ordering laboratory supplies, maintaining inventory of antibodies, cell lines, plasmids, and preparing common reagents such as buffers and plasmids.
- Participate and help other lab members to promote ongoing projects in the laboratory.
- Keep accurate records of experimental design and results, perform accurate data analysis of experimental results and communicate these records to PI and other members of the laboratory.
- Prepare final reports in the format requested for the data generated by suggested due date
- Compile research data and submit results to PI for inclusion in publications, grants or protocols.
- Have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software, graphic and statistical programs to create charts, posters and reports of the results.
- Present findings of research projects to laboratory members during laboratory meetings. Train visiting scientists and other research staff and students in research procedures and the use of laboratory equipment.
- Diligence and willingness to learn and to help others in the implementation of new techniques
5. Other duties as assigned.
- Employee Status: Regular
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 34,400
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 43,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 51,600