Postdoctoral Research Position in Mitochondria Biology and Dynamics
A postdoctoral position is available in Dr. Arnon Henn’s laboratory, in the Faculty of Biology, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel (https://hennlab.net.technion.ac.il).
Current interests and efforts in the laboratory are towards investigating the role of actin-cytoskeleton and the actin-based motor Myo19 in mitochondrial biology and its dynamics under cellular stress. New funding for the next five years is dedicated towards this goal, with the aim to understand the regulation of Myo19 in mitochondrial function and motility at the molecular level in cells. We are looking for highly motivated individuals interested in continuing the current research in the lab. Applicants should be able to lead the research towards breakthrough discoveries with highly independent working skills. We have wide set of interdisciplinary tools from state-of-the-art enzymology methodologies to live cell imaging and cutting-edge cell manipulation techniques. A PhD degree in cell biology, biochemistry and/or molecular biology is required. The lab is dedicated to advance and encourage future career development of accepted applicant.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or qualifications:
- Molecular biology: Expert level in recombinant DNA technologies, PCR, RT-PCR, tagging, extraction of nucleic acids from tissues, Lentiviruses, Retroviruses, gene silencing, CRISPER.
- Biochemistry: Protein purification, FPLC, HPLC, Western blots
- Mammalian cell culture: Growth of adherent and suspension cell lines, DNA and RNA (RNAi) transfections, generation of stably transfected cell-lines, Lentiviruses, Retroviruses
- Microscopy: immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, wide-field microscopy, upright and inverted confocal microscopy, high-throughput microscopy (IN-CELL analyzer), time-lapse fluorescent microscopy, image analysis: Imaris and ImageJ
- Applicants must have excellent communication and writing skills
Qualified candidates should submit a CV, the names and contact information of three references, and cover letter with description of research interests directly to Arnon Henn at