The University of Luxembourg is an international, multilingual, research University.
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg is seeking an enthusiastic team member for the following position:
Software engineer for web-based translational medicine data exploration and analysis tools (m/f)
- Initial contract duration : 3 years, 40h/week, extension possible
- Employee status (start date: as soon as possible) as Research Associate
- Ref. :50011880
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is an interdisciplinary research centre at the University of Luxembourg. LCSB develops and applies systems-level approaches to gain insight into the molecular and cellular mechanisms of human diseases. Experimental and computational approaches are combined to analyse the complexity of biological systems underlying disease pathogenesis. The LCSB is pioneering the way for a predictive, preventive and personalised medicine.
Neurodegenerative diseases, especially Parkinson’s disease are major targets within LCSB’s research activities. We are looking for a software engineer to further develop a web-based knowledge management and analysis platform in Scala programming language. The platform providing key infrastructure for secure integration, visualisation, and analysis of heterogeneous clinical and experimental data generated primarily during NCER-PD project.
- Develop web-based facets for data integration and analysis.
- Clinical and omics data harmonisation and integration.
- Work closely with other team members on GUI design and implementation.
- Bring new IT/bioinformatics input to the existing platform.
For further information, please contact:
- Venkata Satagopam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senior Research Scientist, Bioinformatics Core Facility and Technical coordinator of the ELIXIR-Luxembourg Node
- A university degree in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, with an interest in biomedical informatics and translational medicine.
- Scala developer (or highly experienced Java developer).
- Experience with functional and object-oriented programming techniques and design patterns.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate clearly the scientific and technical needs and to work within an interdisciplinary setting, communicating with other internal/external partners.
- Prior experience dealing with clinical and omics data integration, and machine learning is considered an advantage but NOT mandatory.
- A fully funded position and the University offers highly competitive salaries based on the candidate’s experience.
- Participate in the building of state-of-the-art translational medicine platform to enable precision medicine.
- An opportunity to join the fast-growing Bioinformatics Core Facility group headed by Dr. Reinhard Schneider at LCSB.
- An exciting international environment.
- Work place is Esch-Belval / Luxembourg.
Applications should be addressed to:
Dr. Reinhard Schneider
Head of the Bioinformatics Core Facility and Head of the ELIXIR-Luxembourg Node
All applications will be handled in the strict confidence.
Please apply online by November 30h, 2018. Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Cover letter mentioning the reference number
- List of publications/software projects
- Description of past experience and future interests
- Name and addresses of three referees
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/202ch