Ref.07.18.28 - Junior Fellow - Photocatalytic nanocoatings
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Department: Micro and Nanofabrication
Job Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 12 months
Closing Date: November 18th, 2018 23:00 (Lisbon time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
INL is seeking a talented and motivated Junior Fellow to conduct an interesting H2020 SME Instrument research & innovation project led by the company Smart Separations. The main goal of the project is to provide innovative coating solutions for indoor air purification and odor management. The successful candidate will have an outstanding opportunity to grow within the synergetic effort between a leading nanotechnology institution and an innovative SME. The work will be conducted in the Nanochemistry Research Group of the Micro and Nanofabrication Department at the INL under the guidance of Dr. Juliana Sousa.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design, synthesis, development, and testing of photocatalytic and conductive nanocoatings for porous ceramic filters. In this role, the successful candidate is expected to follow the trends in nanomaterials, ceramics, coatings, and additives.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Master Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or Chemistry;
- Up to 5 years of experience in a relevant field;
- Experience in photocatalysis and ozone technology;
- Experience in synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials;
- Understanding of structure-activity relationships of photocatalytic materials;
- Experience in silicone polymer science and coating technologies is a plus;
- Experience in formulation of coatings is a plus;
- Knowledge of lab safety;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 policies and guidelines is a plus.
- Strong drive to carry out research in the proposed topic;
- Solid motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary project;
- Good track record of disseminating research results.
English is the working language of INL. Therefore, excellent communication skills in English are required.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button. Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organization, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.