Institute of Experimental Genetics
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
Ther German Mouse Clinic (GMC) of the Institute of Experimental Genetics (IEG) is looking to fill the academic position for aScientific expert (f/m/diverse) in micro-computer-tomography
- Coordination of the dysmorphology-screen in the German Mouse Clinic
- Scientific expert for small animal imaging with CT
- Phenotyping of mouse mutants with additional imaging methods like X-ray, bone densitometry
- Interpretation of mouse phenotyping data in the area of dysmorphology
- Instruction of technical personnel for the measurement and analysis of CT data
- Ph.D in biology with focus on bone/skeletal development or small animal imaging
- In depth experience of micro CT imaging, preferably for bone
- Very good knowledge of mouse genetics and physiology
- Expert knowledge of mouse models for human disease (preferable)
- Practical experience with MRT (preferable)
- Excellent team player
- Very good command of written and spoken English
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application until 31th December 2018.