Postdoctoral fellow position (Cell biology / Tumor biology / Biochemistry) is available immediately in a multidisciplinary team. These efforts will be conducted in collaboration with scientists and clinicians at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College and Medical University of South Carolina.
Our research is based on understanding maladaptive alterations in protein networks induced upon cellular stress. For publications relevant to this research please refer to:
Nat Rev Cancer. 2018 2018 Sep;18(9):562-575. Adapting to stress – chaperome networks in cancer.
Nat Communications. 2018 Oct 19;9(1):4345. HSP90-incorporating chaperome networks as biosensor for disease-related pathways in patient-specific midbrain dopamine neurons.
Nature. 2016 Oct 20;538(7625):397-401. The epichaperome is an integrated chaperome network that facilitates tumour survival.
Nat Chem Biol. 2011 Sep 25;7(11):818-26; Affinity-based proteomics reveal cancer-specific networks coordinated by Hsp90.
The successful candidate will:
• Have up to five years of postdoctoral experience with a demonstrated competence and experience in the biology of cancer.
• Have demonstrated ability to work independently and lead projects while also collaborating and assisting the group achieve its research goals
Candidates with an ability to interact well with a large interdisciplinary team are encouraged to apply.
• A strong desire to impact human disease
• Creativity in problem solving and a team spirit
• Knowledge of standard molecular and cell biology methods
• Good communication/written skills
• Passion for science, and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
• Ability to work towards defined goals in an efficient, safe and scientifically sound manner.
Written applications, including a cover letter, CV and contact details of three professional referees should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is located in New York, in Manhattan’s Upper East Side, adjacent to the Cornell University Weill Medical College and the Rockefeller University. This rich scientific environment provides many unique and unparalleled research training opportunities (https://www.mskcc.org/education-training/postdoctoral.