Lung Repair and Regeneration
Area of research:
Contract time limit:
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The lab is located at the newly built institute for Lung Biology and Disease (iLBD), Comprehensive Pneumology Center, and provides a creative, and interdisciplinary environment. iLBD belongs to the Helmholtz Zentrum München - Europe’s leading research center focused of biomedicine, and environmental health.
The expertise of Helmholtz Zentrum München ranges from biomedicine to basic research and provides an unparalleled array of experimental platforms, core facilities, clinical cooperation groups and centers for translational medicine. This environment offers the fellow an additional wide field of expertise in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research areas. Munich further offers a highly stimulating environment for research.
The close neighbourhood of the HMGU, comprising the Technische Universität München, the Ludwig-Maximilian University, and several institutes of the Max-Planck-Society offers numerous interactions and stimulating collaborations.
Our lab explores how tissues/organs regenerate following injury and at multiple levels of biological organization, from the level of whole organisms to the level of single cells. Our work therefore carries both basic, clinical & evolutionary implications.
To identify fundamental cellular & molecular principles of tissue/organ regeneration and develop a knowledge basis for therapeutic strategies in clinical use the Institute of Lungbiology/Yuval Rinkevich's lab looking for a motivated
- Support in the breeding of transgenic mouse lines
- Preparation of experimental animals for experimental intervention and monitoring
- Genotyping of transgenic mice
- General laboratory activities, as well as participation in the general laboratory organization
- Completed training as a biology lab assistant preferred, alternatively VMTA, BTA, MTA or a comparable qualification
- Experience in dealing with experimental animals and in the management of transgenic mouse lines
- Practical experience in standard techniques for blood collection and injection
- Knowledge in basic cell and molecular biology techniques (eg PCR)
- Flexibility and reliability
- High motivation and pleasure to work in an international team
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Secure communication in spoken and written English
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. Applications from women are welcome. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application until November 30, 2018.