Institute of Innovative Radiotherapy
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The focus of the Institute of Innovative Radiotherapy (iRT) is the development of modern concepts for individualized radiotherapy. The iRT has a strong link to the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Klinikum rechts der Isar (TU München) as well as to the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK) at the partner site München.
The Institute of Innovative Radiotherapy (iRT) located in Neuherberg and at the Klinikum rechts der Isar in München (Director: Prof. Dr. Stephanie E. Combs) is recruiting aPostdoc in radiation biology (f/m/diverse)
- Focus on biomarker development for personalized radiotherapy
- Design and execution of tumor mouse models (tumor implantation, imaging, irradiation, histology)
- Cell and molecular biology experiments
- Writing of publications and proposals
- Supervision of technicians, PhD and master students
- PhD degree in biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- Practical experience with tumor mouse models, tumor cell culture and molecular biological techniques
- Knowledge in tumor- and radiobiology would be an advantage
- Highly motivated, self-dependent, flexible and strong social skills
- Willingness for interdisciplinary teamwork with collaboration partners at diverse research facilities (e. g. Forschungscampus Garching of TUM, Bundeswehr Neubiberg)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students is preferred
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to one year.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. Applications from women are welcome. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance for any questions (Daniela Schilling, Phone: 089 4140-9403).
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application (full CV, a statement of motivation (not more than one page), copies of relevant exams, grades, PhD work or publications and contact information of two reference persons).