HHMI is widely recognized as an innovative national philanthropy, the world’s foremost medical research organization, a leading light in science education and a top institutional investor.
HHMI has achieved its leadership role by aligning our mission with our vision, capitalizing on change, encouraging risk taking, and fostering innovation. At HHMI, you are not just an employee - you are part of a creative and talented team with colleagues whose expertise ranges across a multitude of areas.
HHMI is looking for an experienced report writer and data analyst that will be responsible for supporting, extending and continuously improving Workday custom reports, dashboards and analytics across Workday HCM, Financials, and yet to be implemented Workday products including (but not limited to) Time & Absence, Recruiting, and Expenses. In addition, they will serve as a thought partner for customer groups, advise on business requirements, data presentation, report performance, and metrics/measures that inform business insights and support decision making.
You will be successful in this role if you are able to apply deep analytical skills to functional business requirements, have a passion for increasing awareness and adoption of Workday reporting capabilities, and a proven track record of quickly absorbing new technologies and processes. In addition, you must have the desire to look beyond requirements to offer the right sized reporting solution that both meets the customer need and considers audience, performance, and usability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Workday reporting subject matter expert with extensive knowledge of Workday’s object model, delivered reports and dashboards, custom reports, calculated fields, report performance, security, and testing
- Rapidly develop reporting prototypes/solutions using advanced, matrix and composite report types, including cost/benefit of each, to obtain fast iterative feedback
- Build and support calculated fields used in reporting solutions and/or integrations
- Build and sustain strong relationships with business areas to understand strategic priorities, and deliver solutions that align reporting solutions with those strategies
- Facilitate design sessions, gather business requirements, and inform business owners of impacts of reporting design decisions
- Rapidly develop prototypes and present possible solutions, including cost/benefit of each, to obtain fast iterative feedback
- Perform production migration and other deployment activities
- Partner with system owners to inform and prioritize backlog of work
- Represent HHMI’s interest within the Workday community via brainstorms, responding and reacting to community posts and questions
- Stay current on weekly service updates and impacts to production or other planned activities
- Monitor Workday roadmap to inform and influence business partners and decision makers about future reporting enhancement efforts
- Inform the bi-annual feature release team regarding areas of impact and opportunities
- Partner with change management and training team(s) to operationalize new reports
In addition to the duties specifically identified by this job description, the position will include other duties if and as assigned by the direct supervisor or others with supervisory authority over this position.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation skills
- Ability to help business owners prioritize work and understand the implications of design decisions
- Demonstrate curiosity about the way things work and highlight areas of opportunity and continuous improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with relational databases and cloud solutions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Familiarity with change control processes and tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, information systems, computer science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of data management, reporting, dashboard and/or analytic experience, preferably in the areas of financial reporting
- Experience with relational database and/or cloud solutions (preferably Workday)
- Experience with data privacy best practices as it applies to reporting and analytics
- Prior experience with database language and development
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker, IBM Cognos, SAP BusObjects, etc.
To all recruitment agencies: HHMI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HHMI employees or any other company location.