Appointment Available Immediately
Integrated Microwave Packaging Antenna and Circuit Technology (IMPACT) Lab at KAUST (https://impact.kaust.edu.sa/)
Multiple Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) positions are available in the IMPACT Lab at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for immediate start. IMPACT Lab is associated with the Division of Mathematical and Computer Sciences and Electrical Engineering.
A successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline, with a proven track record for world-class research.
1) Postdoctoral Fellow for mm wave (5G) Antenna Array Design: The candidate must have a strong background in mm-wave antenna array design with a focus on beam-scanning/beam-switching antennas. Experience with RF circuits and PCB design will be beneficial for the project.
2) Postdoctoral Fellow for RFID Electrically Small Antenna Design: The candidate must have a strong background in RFID antenna design with a special focus on antenna miniaturization techniques. Specifically, the candidate has to work on design of ultra-miniaturized far-field passive RFID tag antennas as well as high gain directional antennas for RFID readers. Work will also include integration of designed antenna with an RFID chip. Knowledge of systems and networks to collect, process and present data from network grid of RFID readers will be a plus.
3) Postdoctoral Fellow for RF Energy Harvesting: The candidate must have a strong background in antenna design and RF circuits with a special focus on designing RF energy harvesters. The candidate must be experienced in antenna design, electromagnetic simulations, RF circuits (experience in rectifier design can be very useful for the project). The candidate will have to work with multidisciplinary team to combine other kind of ambient source harvesters. Experience in additive manufacturing such as 3D and inkjet printing will be a plus.
4) Postdoctoral Fellow for Ultrasonic Communication: The candidate must have a proven research background in ultrasonic communication (modem designs) with a special focus on underwater communication. A candidate with knowledge of mixed signals circuit design will be preferred. Knowledge of wireless modules such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), WiFi and GSM will be a plus.
5) Postdoctoral Fellow for Nanofabrication: A successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or a related discipline, with a proven track record for world-class research. The candidate must have a strong background in nano-fabrication. Candidates with experience in Electron Beam Lithography (EBL) will be preferred. Knowledge and experience in THz antennas or high-speed diodes will be a plus. Some publication related to the project can be found in the links below.
Salary and benefits:
Remuneration will be highly competitive and commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Additionally, successful applicants will also receive benefit packages provided by KAUST, such as:
(1) Furnished housing
(2) Free education at KAUST schools for the postdoctoral fellow’s children (if there are any).
(3) Subsidized medical and dental insurance.
Position Start Date: Immediately
Appointment Period: One year with possible extension to two more years (a total of 3years)
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should e-mail Professor Atif Shamim (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a complete professional CV (including educational background, experience, and a list of publications). If your expertise is of interest to IMPACT, you will then be contacted for additional documents (two recommendation letters and a brief statement of research interests/plans).
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is being established in Saudi Arabia, on the Red Sea coastal area of Thuwal, as an international graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement that will benefit the region and the world. As an independent and merit-based institution and one of the best-endowed universities in the world, KAUST intends to become a major new contributor to the global network of collaborative research. The leading position of KAUST with respect to research output in the region and the world was recognized by the QS World University Rankings 2016-2017, which ranked the University first globally in the category of Faculty Citations. Further information can be found at http://www.kaust.edu.sa.