Postdoctoral Fellowship Position at Lund University, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Sweden
The Schmidtchen Laboratory at the University of Lund is recruiting postdoctoral fellows to study the role of protein aggregation and its importance for host defense and inflammation. The Laboratory integrates several disciplines, including cell biology, microbiology, immunology, biophysics, and biochemistry, and has a strong translational focus, with activities in preclinical studies and development of new diagnostics and therapeutics.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a solid background in biochemistry, molecular/cell biology and microbiology. You should be highly motivated and self-driven, enjoying challenging tasks and putting pride in producing results and submitting reports in a timely manner. You are a passionate team player with good communication and presentation skills in English. Experience from pre-clinical project work is an advantage.
- Basic cell biology techniques including ELISA, SDS-PAGE, western blot, PCR and other basic assays.
- Proficiency in basic cell culture techniques, expression and purification of recombinant proteins, bacterial culture and basic anti-microbiological assays.
- Proficiency in confocal, electron microscopy and image analysis software (e.g. Image J).
- Knowledge of biophysical methods such as CD, DLS, and MST, and experience with MS techniques and data analysis is an advantage.
- Experience with in vivo techniques involving mouse models is an advantage.
The position is open from 1 Dec, and for 2 years, the contract will be reviewed every 6 months. Please email a cover letter, list of references and CV describing your experience and proficiency for each above-mentioned requirement in a point wise manner to Artur Schmidtchen, Professor, at email@example.com.