Sun Yat-sen University, founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen and with an educational tradition spanning over 100 years. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and strongly supported by both the Ministry and Guangdong Province, Sun Yat-sen University has developed into a modern comprehensive university that enjoys a reputation as a top-tier university nationally and a renowned university internationally. In 2017, Sun Yat-sen University was successfully included in the national “Double top university plan” as a tier-A university. Among the 4th round of national proficiency assessment of academic disciplines, Sun Yat-sen University had a total of 14 class-A academic disciplines, remaining at the forefront among higher education institutes in China. The number of SYSU disciplines among the ESI top 1% reached 19, ranked second among universities in China.
Sun Yat-sen University is now constituted by five campuses in the three cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen, and ten affiliated hospitals. Guangzhou Campus of SYSU is giving full play to the university’s academic strengths on liberal art, science, medicine and other traditionally advantageous academic disciplines, positioned to deepen academic cooperation within Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao to build state-level major R&D innovation platforms in the fields of super computing, big data, micro-electronics and precision medicine, so as to play a greater role in helping Guangdong or the entire nation to better implement the innovation-driven development strategy.
Zhuhai Campus of SYSU is designed to develop the academic disciplines of deep sea, deep space and deep underground science, speed up the Tianqin Plan, a plan on space gravitational wave detection, and build state-level major R&D innovation platforms in the fields of marine science and nuclear energy, so as to play a greater role in helping China to better implement the ocean power strategy, space science strategy and the “Belt and Road” construction.
Shenzhen Campus of SYSU will strengthen the development of various academic disciplines, including medicine, pharmacy, public health, aerospace, biomedicine, material, electrocommunication and intelligence engineering, build an academic development system that integrates medicine with new engineering sciences, and build state-level major R&D innovation platforms, so as to play a greater role in promoting the coordinated development among Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao and facilitating the development of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and Guangzhou-Shenzhen Technology Corridor.
Sun Yat-sen University is seeking to recruit deans and academic leaders from across the globe.
1. Open Positions
• School of Art
•School of International Relations
•International School of Business & Finance
•School of Marine Engineering and Technology
•School of Materials
•School of Biomedical Engineering
•School of Intelligent Systems Engineering
•School of Agriculture
All Schools and Departments of Sun Yat-sen University
2. Work Location
Guangzhou Campuses of Sun Yat-sen University (Guangzhou, China)
Zhuhai Campus of Sun Yat-sen University (Zhuhai, China)
Shenzhen Campus of Sun Yat-sen University (Shenzhen, China)
3. Recruitment Information
1) Applicants should be highly influential and enjoy a high reputation in their academic field. They must hold a Ph.D. degree (except for those who have made major scientific and technological achievements or important academic achievements) and a professorship (or tenure-track associate professors at top-tier universities).
2) Applicants should be familiar with the trends of higher education and have a good knowledge of the development of higher education both at home and abroad. They should have rich managerial experience and strong organizational and coordination skills. (Applying for School Deans: Prior managerial experience in schools (departments), research institutions or laboratories of top-tier universities is preferred.)
3) Applicants should have an international educational background, an international academic perspective and the vision for the development of the relevant discipline.
4) Applicants should possess good personal qualities, professional ethics, innovation and team spirit.
5) Applicants should be in good health.
6) Applicants should be no older than 50 years of age (with a few rare exceptions for particularly outstanding scholars).
7) Applicants must work full-time at the University once hired.
3.2 Recruitment Procedures
Sun Yat-sen University accepts applications on a long-term basis until the quotas are filled.
1) Individual application via email, accompanied by the following supporting documents:
A. The completed SUN YAT-SEN UNIVERSITY Global Recruitment Application Form (Click here to download).
B. Copies of an ID (or passport), diplomas and degree certificates, certificates for professional and technical titles (or Letter of Appointment), awards and proof of prior job positions.
C. Expectations about the work and living conditions at the University and any other points wished to be made.
2) Candidates are short-listed for interviews through review of credentials.
3) Interviews and inspections are conducted to learn more about these candidates.
4) Selected candidates are to be announced officially by the University.
3.3 Salaries and benefits
The University will provide favorable salaries and benefits in accordance with the applicants’ academic achievements and job responsibilities.
4. Contact Information
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Mr. Tianjie Lin, Mr. Chen Zun
Telephone No.: 86-20-84111783, 86-20-8411 1656
Talent Development Office
Sun Yat-sen University
No. 135, Xingang Xi Road
P. R. China