Karger Publishers is a worldwide publisher of scientific and medical content based in Basel, Switzerland. Connecting and advancing Health Sciences since 1893, Karger is continuously evolving, keeping the pace with the current developments and shifts in research and publishing.
For the Subject Area Development team within Karger Labs, the Karger division focused on strategy, innovation and product development, we are looking for a motivated person to join our increasingly agile organization as a
Subject Area Lead (100%)
Strategic Portfolio Development
Health Sciences Publishing
In this role, you will be reporting directly to the CEO of Karger. Regular presence in Basel,
Switzerland will be required, although arrangements for remote work may be found.
This multifaceted role includes:
- developing and managing the Karger portfolio in a number of subject areas in health sciences
- investigating new subject areas
- exploring and leveraging content synergies with other subject areas
- exploring and implementing translational, educational, and digital products in your subject areas
- contributing to the development of the overall portfolio strategy in close cooperation with your peers and the Karger management board
- developing and nurturing a high-quality network of partners in the scientific community, like Editors-in-Chief, Editorial Board members, key people in learned societies, and other opinion leaders)
- managing key publications on your own
- guiding 1-2 Publication Managers who report to you in managing single publications
- or small subject areas
- traveling globally up to 50% of your worktime to scientific conferences and meetings with stakeholders
Qualifications and experience required:
- Higher education degree in one of the Health Sciences or profound knowledge in Health Science from other training and experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in scientific publishing in a senior editorial role
- Proven interpersonal abilities, ideally in contact with top-level scientists
- Excellent moderation and presentation skills
- Independent, self-motivated work style
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent English language skills; at least passive/conversational German; other international languages are a plus
- Previous management experience is a plus
Karger offers a work environment where personal development and responsibility are highly valued at all levels. The compensation package includes all the benefits of the Swiss social system.
For further information about Karger or the position, please contact our CEO, Mr. Daniel Ebneter, directly. We look forward to receiving your application directly at email@example.com.