Cutting-edge basic, translational, and clinical cancer research; novel technology development; personalized diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The academic committee consists 9 members of Academy of Science from China and USA. QDCI has joined support from world-renowned scientists from MD Anderson Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, The Johns Hopkins University, and Yale University.
QDCI is primarily located in the brand-new research building at the Lao-shan campus of Qingdao University. It also has branches in Dengzhou Road Campus of Qingdao University and the research center of The Affiliated Hospital of Qingdao University. All labs are equipped with advanced instrument and supportive platforms for cutting-edge research.
- Basic research: cancer metabolism, immunology, stem cells, genetics and epigenetics, genomics, etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment: screening and early diagnosis, immunotherapy, nanotechnology application, targeted therapy, etc.
- Medical devices: precision diagnosis, non-invasive detection, medical artificial intelligence, biological imaging, new materials, etc.
- Innovative project development: international project cooperation, Internet applications, education and training, etc.commercialization of innovative findings from the research at QDCI.
- Basic research—Applicants should have a Ph. D and/or M.D degree, with postdoctoral training experience in a closely related filed, and a strong record of research accomplishments. The successful candidates will be expected to develop world-class research programs and teach classes at both undergraduate and graduate levels at Qingdao University. Applicants should have productive publications in excellent or outstanding journals.
- Diagnosis and treatment — Ample experience in cancer diagnosis and treatment at world-renowned institutes, hospitals, or cancer centers.
- Innovative technology — Ample experience in managing R&D projects in international institutes/companies or participating in cutting-edge innovative technology development.
Competitive salaries and benefit
- Qualified candidates will be recruited as professors or associate professors by Qingdao University with:
a. competitive annual salary (ranging from 300,000 to 1000,000 RMB) and research bonus;
b. living allowance (ranging from 200,000 to 1,000,000 RMB);
c. start-up research packages (ranging from 500,000 to 3,000,000 RMB);
d. strong support from university for family settlement. Personalized package can be provided to outstanding applicants.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged and supported to apply for “Taishan Scholar of Shandong province”, Youth Taishan Scholar of Shandong province, etc. Successful applicants will get research funding and living allowance from the government.
Please send the following document to email@example.com, and please mark your application email and docs by “Position+Name+Major+Recruiment information source (e.g. naturecareers website)”
- Cover letter
- CV with a complete list of publications
- Three references
- Research statement and plan (3-4 pages)
QDCI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic background and from all countries.
We sincerely invite you to join us at QDCI.
QDCI is located in Qingdao, one of the world’s most livable cities (The Economist, 2018). Surrounded by various mountains and the Yellow Sea, Qingdao presents astonishingly beautiful view and enjoyable weather all the year.
QDCI is a joint institute built by Qingdao University, The Affiliated Hospital of Qingdao University, Science & Technology Bureau of Qingdao, and the government of Laoshan District of Qingdao. With the support from these resources, QDCI provides a world-class and stimulating academic environment with state-of-the-art research facility, professional administrative staff, and logistic support.