Resistance to antimicrobial drugs is among the greatest threats to mankind (WHO, 2016), and could soon cause more global deaths and economic impact than cancer. Aridis Pharmaceuticals (www.aridispharma.com) is a biotechnology company based in San Jose, CA that focuses on developing novel, innovative immunotherapies for infectious diseases. Aridis’ portfolio of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and small molecule drugs holds great promise as a solution to the growing problem of infectious diseases.
Aridis Pharmaceuticals is currently seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Postdoctoral Fellow to support the identification and preclinical development of a novel monoclonal antibody against bacteria associated with infectious disease. The successful candidate will spearhead the program from target identification to lead selection and characterization. We are looking for a self-motivated team player who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification and characterization of new antibody targets
- Use Aridis’ proprietary B-cell mining technology to identify antibody candidates
- Lead efforts in selection, production and characterization of lead antibody candidates
- Active participation in all tasks required for antibody development to support preclinical and clinical studies
- Keep current on relevant scientific literature
- Present project results to internal and external parties
- Prepare and maintain accurate and detailed experimental records
- Recent PhD with experience in protein/antibody analysis techniques as well as recombinant protein production and purification
- Expertise in protein biochemistry
- Strong working knowledge of antibody structure and function
- Experience in standard molecular biological methods and mammalian cell culture technique is highly desired
- Background in immunology/infectious disease preferred
- Experience with transmembrane protein production or bacterial exopolysaccharides is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Good publication record
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Must be eligible to work in the US on an unrestricted basis
Please send inquiries or applications including your CV and a short cover letter by email to Andreas Loos: firstname.lastname@example.org.