The Institute for Applied Cancer Science is seeking a highly motivated and team oriented individual to join our drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics research group to support the Institute for Applied Cancer Sciences fast-paced drug discovery programs. The Institute Associate Scientist II participates in cross-functional research to identify and validate novel oncology targets, and translate these finding into novel oncology therapeutic agents to benefit patients. The position requires a high self-motivated individual, with organizational skills, and the ability to effectively present results and conclusions to co-workers and managers. A collaborative attitude is essential for this position
The ideal candidate will have experience in ADME assays using biomatrix such as plasma, microsomes and hepatocytes, working on plasma and tumor tissue PK samples, using automation and SPE (solid phase extraction) for sample processing, and analyzing samples using LC-MS/MS instruments and will have Strong work ethics, good interpersonal skills and oral/written skills.
Salary range: Min $48,000 - Mid $67,000 - Max $86,000
1. Under moderate supervision, conduct in vitro and in vivo drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic studies on the institute's new candidate compounds and help establish and validate assays for both high-throughput screening to support target validation and lead optimization of drug discovery projects.
2. Conduct routine in vitro ADME assays including plasma stability assay, microsomal stability assay, hepatocyte incubation, and plasma-protein binding assay.
3. Conduct metabolite identification by doing in vitro incubations and using HRMS for structural elucidation.
4. Process plasma, tumor and any other tissue samples using automation and solid phase extraction (SPE).
5. Conduct LC-MS/MS method development, data acquisition, analysis and interpretation.
6. Conduct routine instrument maintenance of LC-MS/MS.
7. Employ safe lab practices.
8. Maintain research records and laboratory notes.
9. Participate in integrated drug discovery research project teams.
- Employee Status: Regular
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 48,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 88,800
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 129,600