In collaboration with one of the largest research and application centers of trans-omics in the world, American University of Sharjah (AUS) is developing a state-of-the-art Genomics Laboratory. Completion of the laboratory is scheduled for January 2019; therefore, AUS seeks to fill a number of positions by January 2019 or soon thereafter.
- Preparation and processing of genomic material for analysis.
- Developing and adhering to standard operation procedures.
- Reporting progress of tests and work.
- Maintaining laboratory safety information.
- Participating in ad-hoc faculty and student projects.
- Documenting information e.g., keeping daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolving problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Improving the work-related knowledge by participating in learning opportunities
- Keeping laboratory inventory, placing orders, maintaining the equipment/instrument operation manuals, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
The position reports to the Laboratory Director.Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of science degree or higher in science-related subjects, e.g., medical biochemistry, genetics, biology, biotechnology.
- Three years of laboratory experience preferably in a molecular biology lab.
- Ability to work autonomously and work under timelines.
- AUS provides a highly a competitive salary, housing and other attractive benefits.
Please send a letter of interest, CV and the names and email addresses of three references to https://acg-apps1.aus.edu/empapp/apply.php?p=GEN-18-02
Review of applications will begin October 25, 2018 and continue until all positions are filled.
If you require further information, please contact Dr. James Gannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About AUS: AUS is located in the Emirate of Sharjah, adjacent to the vibrant city of Dubai, UAE. The university was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the UAE Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah. AUS is an independent, not-for-profit coeducational university, serving both undergraduate and graduate students from 95 nationalities. AUS is licensed and its programs are accredited by, the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates. AUS has been accredited in the United States of America by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA, Tel +1 215 662 5606) since June 2004.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
Postal Address: American University of Sharjah, Human Resources, PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax +971 6 515 2139