Biology Lead / Senior Scientist (R&D Department)
Ref no.: NJ/034
Selvita R&D division is a multi-disciplinary team of world-class scientists focused on developing novel therapeutics in oncology. Our internal project pipeline is grouped into three platforms, among them Cancer Metabolism and Immunometabolism Platform.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist Cancer Biology with a functional role of Biology Lead in projects related to cancer metabolism and metabolic synthetic lethality fields. The desired candidate should be a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for oncology research, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic working environment.
In this position you will support chemical biology efforts underpinning new lead discovery by providing high throughput biology expertise including, but not limited to the following;
- Design, performance, and interpretation of cellular pharmacology assays
- Planning and coordination of experimental activities related to assay development, screening and compound profiling in cellular models (enzymatic, binding, functional and phenotypic assays)
- Validation of molecular targets for small molecules, support of hit/lead molecules development
- Design and implementation of key in vitro pharmacology experiments (efficacy, selectivity, mechanism of action)
- Statistical analysis, reporting and critical data evaluation for providing scientific contribution to small molecule drug discovery projects
- Mentoring and supporting of junior team members by providing scientific expertise and sharing the technical skills
- Providing intellectual input in design of experiments
- Driving project activities and scientific strategies to meet project goals
- Contributing to department/group discussions and initiatives
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for experimental issues
- Preparation of the internal reports, presentation for the internal project meetings and teleconferences
- Ensuring tasks completion and project deliverables meeting as directed by the superior
- PhD in pharmacology, biology, molecular biology, biotechnology or similar discipline with minimum 2 years of experience in biotech/pharma setting or in drug discovery company
- Excellent knowledge of in vitro pharmacology concepts with the focus on the following areas: intracellular signalling pathways, cancer metabolism
- Excellent knowledge of in vitro pharmacology concepts and enzymology
- Hands on experience with in vitro pharmacology models development (recombinant protein/cellular) as well as critical data analysis and interpretation
- Analytical and problem solving skills with hands-on assay troubleshooting experience
- Well-developed multitasking, flexibility and team working skills.
- Strong scientific presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly appreciated: Additional knowledge of immunology and/or immunometabolism
- Highly appreciated: Experience with mouse models of cancer
- Appreciated: prior experience in oncology research (academia/biotech/pharma)
- Appreciated: good understanding of preclinical small molecule drug discovery and development process
- Appreciated: experience in working in a matrix structure organization
- Fluency in English (written/spoken)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and GraphPad Prism
What we offer:
- Work in a team of highly-qualified and experienced professionals
- Participation in challenging and ambitious projects
- Work in a dynamic Company with high perspective of growth and operating in innovative business sector
- Package of benefits: private medical healthcare, Multisport Card, lunch subsidies, days with fruits, language classes refund
- Possibility to take part in sports activities
- Access to attractive facilities: fitness and spa zone in the building
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with referral number NJ/034, Biology Lead / Senior Scientist (R&D Department)
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.