“I want to achieve great things and I want them to be noticed”
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of three major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences and Food Safety & Analytical Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
Demonstrating excellent strategic vision and empowering leadership, you will be developing and implementing the research strategy for the Department, encompassing novel packaging solutions, rapid prototyping, and packaging quality & safety. You will also oversee programs related to the sustainability of global food systems.
- Build a strong external alliance with suppliers across the whole packaging value chain; identify and execute cross functional and transformational projects; ensure internally aligned R&D packaging and sustainability strategy.
- Develop/build research strategy to address challenges in novel packaging solutions, aligned with the Institutes research priorities.
- Engage stakeholders across the value chain, and set-up alliances / research agreements with external partners.
- Ensure appropriate competence and resource allocation to support R&D, corporate units, globally managed businesses and markets.
- Enhance the environmental and societal impact of our processes and products to support the company’s growth.
- Attract talents, lead and develop staff to ensure availability and capacity in novel packaging research, packaging safety and sustainability.
- PhD in the area of Packaging research or Food Contact Materials.
- Externally recognized expertise and credibility in the field of food packaging development & design, with emphasis on sustainable packaging.
- Competence in researching technical solutions related to sustainable food packaging.
- Experience in developing and implementing complex research programs.
- Proven successful experience in leading expert groups and passion about coaching and developing people.
- Experience in an industry environment, combined with a strong scientific publications track record.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
Show us that you have the ability to develop and execute strategy and strong leadership skills to manage cross-functional teams. Your visionary and analytical skills combined with excellent communication, diplomacy and influencing skills, is what will set you apart from other candidates. If you have the courage to advance us to the next level of packaging expertise, and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs with full CV, Cover letter and Publication list.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. The product development is based on nutritional science lead research for being able to propose healthier product to consumer. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestle Research develop also biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.