York Science Fellows
Faculty of Science – York University, Toronto
The Faculty of Science at York University is inviting applications from emerging researchers of great promise for up to five York Science Fellowships. These premier postdoctoral fellowships are intended for talented early-career scientists who have recently been awarded, or who are about to be awarded, the doctoral degree. We offer a select group of Fellows the opportunity to pursue their research in collaboration with outstanding scientists who hold a primary faculty appointment in our Faculty of Science and to live in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world.
• Fellowships will be awarded on the basis of research accomplishments to date, potential for future contributions, and alignment of research interests with those of potential faculty mentors at York.
• Candidates must identify a potential host faculty member (with a primary appointment in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics, Physics & Astronomy, and Science & Technology Studies), and secure their support ahead of the application.
• Each Fellowship package is valued at CAD 72,200 per year, including an annual stipend of CAD 60,000, plus CAD 5,000 for research expenses (e.g., travel, computing, publication costs) and CAD 7,200 to cover the University’s mandatory postdoc benefits.
• York Science Fellowships are granted for a period of two years. Starting date is negotiable, but must fall between July 1 and October 1, 2019. Normally, the Fellowship is expected to begin shortly after the PhD is awarded, typically within three years of the degree. Start date requests that fall outside of this time frame must obtain prior approval from the Associate Dean, Research & Graduate Education.
• The deadline for the receipt of all application materials is: January 4th, 2019.
Please visit http://science.yorku.ca/YorkScienceFellows for further information, requirements and instructions.