The „Regenerative Mechanisms for Health" International Research Agenda Unit (“ReMedy”), Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, Poland calls for applications for
RESEARCH GROUP LEADER
(adiunkt naukowy lub profesor nadzwyczajny naukowy)
We are looking for dynamic group leaders to establish two independent research groups and to develop ambitious and innovative research programmes on stress-evoked adaptability of cells at the molecular and biochemical level. We encourage outstanding researchers, both young and already established, to apply for the post.
The ReMedy Unit intends to make breakthrough discoveries that will open new lines of research and new strategies to maintain and restore health. The goal of ReMedy is to understand and to harness stress-evoked adaptability of cells at the molecular and biochemical level, in order to combat human diseases and pathologies. ReMedy aims to i) understand molecular mechanisms of stress response, ii) discover short- and long-term consequences of responses and their crosstalk in physiology and iii) apply the gained knowledge about stress responses for the development of new medical treatments. In the end we plan to have five new groups.
ReMedy offers stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and research opportunities of the large biomedical campus. ReMedy is hosted at the Centre of New Technologies University of Warsaw (CeNT UW – Ochota Campus) and has access to state-of-the-art technology, excellent core facilities and supportive administration. Information about research and core facilities of ReMedy/CeNT UW can be found at http://cent.uw.edu.pl/en/laboratories/#remedy.
Initial appointment of a research group leader is for three and half years with the possibility of extensions. The new positions will start in summer/autumn 2019. ReMedy offers furnished laboratory space and start-up package (covering competitive salaries, basic equipment and supplies). The new research groups will be expected to secure extramural, national and international funding.
Successful candidates will have:
- PhD degree in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, biomedicine, bioinformatics, biophysics, chemistry or similar and adequate post-doctoral experience,
- Outstanding record of scientific achievements reflected by publication record,
- Original and independent research programme,
- Strong leadership complemented by ability to collaborate,
- Research focus matching ReMedy goals (as described above and at the CeNT UW web page).
Applications must be written in English and prepared as a single pdf file including:
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications,
- Description of 1-3 most important scientific achievements (max. 2 pages),
- Summary (2 pages) of the applicant’s future research plans,
- Statement (max. 1 page) how the future research plans relate to ReMedy goals,
- Contact details for 2 professional referees who can be contacted for recommendation letters.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by 15 January 2019.
Please, use “Research Group Leader application” as a title of your message.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for a symposium-style interview to be held in Warsaw on 13-14 May 2019 during the ReMedy International Scientific Committee meeting.
The final decision will be announced by the end of June 2019.
Inquiries about the offer, research environment and science in Poland are welcome and should be sent to Dr. MichałWrzesińki, a coordinator of ReMedy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieśie 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieśie 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
6. The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
7. The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
8. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
9. You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.;
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data
11. Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
12. The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.