Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to establish new techniques to identify cell surface receptors that can be targeted for ligand conjugated antisense oligonucleotide delivery. Using receptor targeting approaches we have improved selective delivery of antisense therapeutics to liver and pancreas. Research findings from this position will increase our understanding of antisense oligonucleotide uptake pathways and aid in the development of drug designs to improve delivery to a specific tissue, including the central nervous system. The selected candidate will become an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists in the Ionis neuroscience and experimental pharmacokinetics groups. Information about this program can be found online http://www.ionispharma.com/careers/post-doctoral-program/.
• Ph.D. in neuroscience, cell biology or biochemistry with in vitro and in vivo experience
• Proven track record of productivity and innovative research, including publications in top tier scientific journals
• Proficient in molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, confocal microscopy including TIRF/STORM imaging technology, Western blotting, FACS/flow cytometry
• Prior experience studying cell surface receptor expression, receptor trafficking dynamics and protein/protein interactions are encouraged
• Public speaking experience evidenced by seminars and conference participation
• Self-starter who is highly motivated and not afraid to take risks
• Outstanding organizational, communication and team skills
• Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
• 0-4 years or prior postdoctoral experience permitted
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 17-0271
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.