We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our Data Science team at Roche Innovation Center New York. In this position, you will apply your expertise in machine learning and big data analytics to generate new insights to help accelerate our drug development and bring new medicines to patients. You will drive innovation and make direct impact in drug development projects in New York and across Roche global sites. You will mine the massive amount of patient data beyond the traditional clinical observations, e.g, in the forms of electronic patient records, DNA/RNA sequences, and wearable sensor signals collected in the labs, clinical trials, and the public domain. If you are a self-motivated individual with strong quantitative skills, a passion to serve customers, and an excellent capacity to communicate and lead in a multi-disciplinary environment, we look forward to receiving your application.
• Partner with clinical and discovery research scientists to identify and address data analysis needs in drug project teams in all major disease areas.
• Identify relevant data sources, apply a variety of tools and methods to prepare data, develop algorithms and predictive models, perform data analysis, interpret results, create visualization and reports to convey and present findings and/or recommendations.
• Identify novel biomarkers (molecular/digital) that predict drug response or patient prognosis using RWD (Real World Data), RNA-seq, exome-seq and other clinical data.
• Mine massive amounts of RWD and genomic data and extract useful insights. Explore and identify analytics opportunities by collecting new data or mining existing data, with a thorough understanding of the scientific and business context of these analytics techniques
• Lead or contribute to informatics/analytics projects requiring deployment of analytics models in a larger technology platform
• Contribute to the overall team effectiveness by creating and disseminating new analytics framework, methodology and practices.
• Actively contribute to the development of new capabilities in advanced analytics methods in global Data Science networks.
• Ph.D. in data-related sciences such as Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering and Physics.
• Strong quantitative analytical skills, e.g., in machine learning, statistics, and predictive modeling.
• Experience managing data-driven research from project inception to stakeholder communication.
• Ability to develop scientific software and analysis tools in one or more of programming languages, e.g., Python, R, Matlab, Java, and SQL.
• Experience in analysis of large scale genomic data such as whole genome/exome sequencing, RNA-seq.
• Proven track record in developing new algorithms, predictive models that resulted in scientific recognition or business impact.
• Scientific domain knowledge (e.g., Oncology, Immunology and Neuroscience) and business acumen.
• Big data experience (e.g., Hadoop/Spark, NoSQL).
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in biopharmaceutical industry and understanding of the drug discovery and development process is a plus.
• Experience in analysis of Real World Data (RWD) such as Electronic Health Records (EHRs), social media, and insurance claims is a plus.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer
Who we are:
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.