“I want to achieve great things and I want them to be noticed”
Nestlé Research (EPFL campus), Lausanne, Switzerland
Fixed-term contract (2 years), act. rate 100%
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of three major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences and Food Safety & Analytical Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation.
Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
Demonstrating excellent result focus and scientific insight, you will be testing the mechanisms and pre-clinical efficacy of nutritional modulators of NAD metabolism and mitochondrial function during muscle aging.
- Design and conduct pre-clinical experiments investigating the mechanisms and efficacy of nutritional modulators of NAD metabolism and mitochondrial function in skeletal muscle.
- Use human cellular assays to model the underlying mechanisms of action.
- Review literature & manage scientific and operational aspects of the project.
- Analyze and present high-quality data at internal meetings and international conferences.
- Protect and communicate scientific results through patents and peer-reviewed publications.
- PhD in Biology, Cell biology or related discipline with 1-3 years of post-doc experience in Muscle metabolism and/or aging
- Experience with cellular and in vivo models related to muscle metabolism and/or aging
- Previous hands on experience with mitochondrial and/or NAD biology
- Excellent knowledge in physiology, molecular biology and biochemistry;
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
Show us that you have the ability to manage research activity independently and as part of a cross-functional team. Your creativity, desire to deliver high quality outcome, as well as your ability to communicate scientific findings to different audiences, is what will set you apart among the other candidates. If your profile corresponds to the description and you wish to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs with full CV, Cover letter and Publication list.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. The product development is based on nutritional science lead research for being able to propose healthier product to consumer. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestle Research develop also biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.