A position for a postdoctoral research scientist is available in the Stem Cell Biology and Cardiac Regeneration Laboratory of Dr. Mohsin Khan, Assistant Professor of Physiology and Center for Metabolic Disease Research at Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
The laboratory conducts research in the field of stem cells and cardiac regeneration with the goal of identifying physiological mechanisms and cellular signaling pathways that regulate adult stem cell function under diseased and aged conditions. Using different stem cell models, aim is to characterize basic cellular properties and developing a exosome based translational approach for myocardial repair. Lab members have access to “state of the art” molecular biology, mouse physiology, metabolism and imaging facilities of the Department of Physiology and Center for Metabolic Disease Research.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have the ability to create innovative ideas and perform experiments to address them, be able to work on a collaborative environment and demonstrate strong communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and perform experiments, analysis, data interpretation and presentation.
• Write manuscripts and grants.
• Interaction with senior and junior members of the Center.
• Interaction with graduate and undergraduate students.
• Involvement in primary molecular biological assays in vitro and in vivo (animal studies, tissue culture, qRT-PCR, immunoblotting, metabolic parameters analysis, cell transfection, molecular cloning etc.).
Desired Skills and Experience
• PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline
• Hands-on experience with animals, RNA/DNA isolation, qPCR, cell culture, statistics.
• RNA-seq, epigenetics, Chip-seq desirable
• Strong documentation skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing with staff and professional colleagues.
Interested candidate should address a cover letter describing their research experience as well as their interest in the relevant research work, Dr. Mohsin Khan, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, Center for Metabolic Disease Research. The cover letter, current CV and a list of three references that include the candidate’s doctoral supervisor should be sent electronically to Dr. Khan at email@example.com.