Institute of Computational Biology
Area of research:
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The Institute of Computational Biology is an internationally recognized major institution in computational biology, with the goal of integrating biomedical information on multiple scales, ranging from single cell time series to cohort omics data.
We are currently looking for a PhD student in applied machine learning and deep learning projects in the context of precision medicine.
- Working on clinical and diagnostic tasks as well as analysis of *omics data for complex biomedical questions
- Development and management of external and internal collaboration partners
- Contribution to the definition and evaluation of potential new research projects
- M. Sc. in Computer Science/Physics/Math or related field
- Applied experience with machine/deep learning methods
- Overview over latest machine/deep learning research
- Strong programming skills in python
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Interest in discussing and exploring potential project ideas with collaboration partners
- Interest in medical/biological questions
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (EG 13 50% TV EntgO Bund). In addition, there is also the possibility of granting an allowance amounting to 15% if the necessary conditions are fulfilled.
The position is (initially) limited to three years.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. Applications from women are welcome. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.