Research Unit Molecular Endocrinology and Metabolism
Area of research:
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The Metabolomic Platform of the Research Unit Molecular Endocrinology and Metabolism applies targeted and non-targeted metabolomics for comprehensive characterisation of biological and clinical samples. Employing biological models and different Omics methods we investigate human diseases with an interdisciplinary approach.
For the support of the metabolomics platform we seek as of now a highly qualified and motivated
- Chemical and biochemical work in the metabolomics platform
- Sample preparation for LC-MS/MS measurements (e.g. weighing of small amounts, dilution, extraction, handling of pipetting robots)
- LC-MS/MS measurements (includes setup of instruments and methods as well as sample measurements)
- Development of metabolomics methods
- Validation of methods and instruments
- Supporting the implementation of the LIMS System as well as sample management and quality assurance using this system
- Primary analysis of LC-MS/MS measurement data
- Quality control, trouble-shooting, maintenance of instruments and laboratory
- Tight communication with service engineers and cooperation partners (in German and English; in speech and writing)
- Education as technical assistant (e.g., CTA, MTA, PTA) or laboratory technician (e. g. chemical laboratory technician)
- Several years of practical experience with HPLC and MS analytical instruments
- Several years of practical experience in metabolomics
- Practical experience in method validation
- Solid knowledge in chemistry and stoichiometry
- Advance knowledge in chemical analytics and biochemistry
- Solid knowledge in handling of computer software, especially MS-Office
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to work conscientiously, independently and as part of a team
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. Applications from women are welcome. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.