Position 1: Experienced scientist in pharmaco- and toxicokinetics, PK/PD modeling activities
Position 2: Experienced scientist in neuro-inflammation.
Knowledge in Ophthalmology research is a plus, not a requirement
Candidate will play an essential role in the progress of the scientific portfolio of the company, managing developments as well as scientific partnerships PreClinical Research and Development. The role will be to develop and manage the PreClinical Development programs by working in close collaboration with the CSO, Head of Project Management, IP officer, and the different functions in PreClinical Research and Development.
• Develop roadmap and activities in support of the R&D portfolio strategy
• Lead part of the Preclinical Research and Development activities; contribution and guidance of the scientific efforts in a matrix environment
• Report and present findings to R&D Committee meetings and at international congresses
• Monitor progress against plan and towards milestones, and regularly report such progress to the CSO and Project Teams
• Maintain a positive collaborative relationship with other stake holders within the company
• Ensure that third party projects are effectively managed and meet contractual obligations
• Education & Degree: Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or Biology, with at least 10 years proven experience in the different PreClinical and Early Development aspects in Biotech/Pharma environment.
• Proven experience as program lead or PreClinical Research representative in early drug development programs
• Scientific curiosity, innovation, and able to deal with and plan for risks
• Driven by quality and scientific excellence; strong technical troubleshooting skills
• Experience in managing collaborations with academic groups and CROs
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Interpersonal skills (managing communication): team player, effective listening, presentation and meeting skills