Servier is an international pharmaceutical company governed by a non-profit Foundation and headquartered in France. With a strong international presence in 148 countries and a turnover of 4 billion euros in 2016, we employ over 21,000 people worldwide and more than 2,000 in R&D, in Paris area.
Being completely independent, we reinvest 25% of turnover (excluding generics) in Research and Development and use all our profits in growth.
We are specialized and driven by our constant search for innovation in five major areas: cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, immuno-inflammatory disease and neuropsychiatry, as well as by our activities in high-quality generic drugs.
We have a substantial commitment to make new and innovative medicines for neurodegenerative disease. In our growing neuroscience research team we are particularly focused on the pathophysiological mechanisms that drive Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and related diseases. We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate neuroscientist to take up a new position based at our Research Center in Paris area as an
In vitro scientist in Neurodegenerative Research
- You will take responsibility for establishing, characterizing and implementing state-of-the-art proteinopathy cellular models.
- You will help to shape our success by collaborating with academic and industrial partners, including through our IMI international consortiums and through the development of our CRO network.
- You will oversee defined projects and assist in developing new technologies and protocols, processes and interpret experimental data and coordinate with technical staff.
- You will apply laboratory expertise by developing automatized imaging on fixed and live cellular models and transferring know-how to the team.
We firmly believe an innovative, agile and scientific mindset is a minimum requirement to be able to establish and drive successful and innovative science in this challenging field and need a candidate with established expertise in proteinopathies, particularly in seeding, uptake and spreading mechanisms.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic research department, dedicated to finding effective medicines that can slow the development of neurodegenerative disease, and are motivated to join a company like Servier, with an international profile and a commitment to delivering pharmaceutical products on a Global scale, please get in touch.
- PhD + Post Doc in Neurosciences
- Established proteinopathy expertise (seeding, uptake and spreading…) and knowledge of protein clearance mechanisms
- Strong expertise in cellular imaging, including live imaging (e.g. calcium imaging), image analysis and the quantification process.
- Technical skills; stable and primary neuronal cultures, immunofluorescence, microscopy and western blotting
- People functional management and leadership capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Able to work collaboratively in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Fluent in English, French is an advantage.
To apply or to acquire more details concerning the position ref.1163, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org