Would you like to help bring our innovation to life working within a highly motivated Research and Development team in a dynamic and stimulating environment?
We are seeking a PhD in environmental toxicology or closely related disciplines to join the Global Product Stewardship Organization at Procter & Gamble’s Brussels Innovation Center, Belgium.
As an Environmental Toxicologist within R&D you will:
- Be conducting and interpreting ecotoxicological fate and hazard tests and develop environmental risk assessment of chemicals for aquatic, sediment marine and/or terrestrial compartments based on fate and effects information;
- Work in allied fields such as ecology, modeling and environmental statistics;
- Apply and influence regional and global regulatory risk assessment approaches, tools and guidelines (e.g. USEPA, EU REACH);
- Opportunities for external engagement and influencing regulatory developments can be tailored to reflect the successful candidate’s interests and qualifications.
P&G provides career opportunities that will use your environmental expertise to guide technology innovations and deliver against ambitious environmental stewardship and sustainability goals.
What skills are we looking for?
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to enable effective collaboration in a global team environment.
- Ability to form strong partnership with multiple customers and functions, regionally and globally.
- Someone who excels in a dynamic business environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD degree in environmental toxicology or closely related fields (with or without post-doctoral experience).
- Leadership experience in an industrial and/or academic setting is desired by, demonstrating environmental toxicology expertise for complex environmental risk assessment of chemicals.
- The job requires in-depth knowledge and experience in ecotoxicology for aquatic, sediment marine and/or terrestrial environments. Hands-on experience in conducting and interpreting fate and hazard tests as well as environmental risk assessment of chemicals based on fate and effects information is highly desired. Working knowledge in allied fields such as ecology, modeling and environmental statistics is beneficial.
- Working knowledge and experience of regional and global regulatory risk assessment approaches, tools and guidelines (e.g. USEPA, EU REACh) is highly desired.
What P&G offers:
- Support, mentoring and coaching by your manager and team.
- Responsibility from day 1, an opportunity to put your skills to work on meaningful projects to the business.
- A diverse, multiskilled and dynamic working environment.
- Development opportunities to grow yourself through training and on-the-job coaching.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always, Ariel, Gillette, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Oral-B, Pampers, Pantene, Tampax and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
P&G’s environmental organization has a long history of leading the development of applied environmental science, environmental stewardship and sustainability. Founded in 1962 within the laundry business, the environmental organization was formalized in 1971 as the Environmental Safety Department. Historically, our scientists have led development of environmental fate testing, exposure modeling, environmental effects and life cycle assessment methodologies. P&G is a founding organization and charter member of SETAC, the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, and works frequently with government, academic, and non-governmental organizations to advance environmental safety and sustainability sciences. The environmental function publishes frequently with nearly 800 publications in the peer reviewed literature since its inception. You can read more about the Environmental Safety and Sustainability Organization at 2015 P&G Environmental Organization Brochure.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being in touch so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Please include your resume and a brief summary of your research in the resume text field (maximum characters 64,000).