Basic Functions and Responsibility:
Assess the therapeutic utilities of novel antibodies against various cancer cell lines, investigate the antibodies’ downstream effects, and determine their potentials as imaging markers. Laboratory work includes antibody engineering & purification, and conducting of numerous assays to characterize phenotypic and genotypic changes to cancer cell lines upon antibody treatments.
Provide scientific and technical leadership in the coordination and conduct of research within a multidisciplinary laboratory of molecular imaging and theranostics.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and define problems, solutions to which can be approached through a scientific research process.
• Develop hypotheses to be tested and ways of doing so.
• Develop devices of various types for empirical studies, including hardware, software, statistical methods and the like.
• Perform experiments and collect data.
• Provide quality control oversight for data collection.
• Evaluate data to establish relevance to the problem or problems being evaluated.
• Prepare research results for publication in reports, papers, journals, books and other media.
• Prepare seminars, talks, lectures and the like for dissemination of knowledge, particularly the results of research undertaken.
• Develop new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/or continuing research activities.
1. One to three years’ experience generating monoclonal or polyclonal antibodies (rabbit, Kohler and Milstein hybridoma or phage display techniques.)
2. Specific areas of expertise including study design, statistics, and project management.
3. Established track record of publications and presentations preferably in the area of antibody engineering and molecular imaging.
4. Demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment.
5. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
1. Experience with small animal MR and/or PET/CT imaging.
2. Experience with cancer biology and/or immunology.
3. Established excellent laboratory practices.
4. Experience with animal models, and tissue harvesting/preparation for analyses.