Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (www.glenmarkpharma.com) is a global innovative pharmaceutical company with operations in more than 50 countries. Glenmark has a diverse pipeline with several compounds in various stages of clinical development, primarily focused in the areas of oncology, respiratory disease and dermatology. Glenmark’s biologics research operations in Switzerland focuses on the discovery and development of new biological entities from inception through preclinical and clinical studies.
Investing in groundbreaking technologies, platforms and facilities ensures we will continue to drive innovation within our pipeline. With this in mind, Glenmark will open a new discovery centre at Biopôle in Lausanne-Epalinges in October 2018. This site will enhance Glenmark’s capabilities in translational research by joining the most vibrant ecosystems for life sciences innovation in Europe. Our laboratories at Biopôle in Lausanne will focus primarily on the areas of immunology, antibody engineering, and translational medicine.
In addition to our discovery centre at Biopôle, Glenmark also has a world-class, GMP-certified manufacturing line at our site located in the canton of Neuchâtel. This site is well-positioned to fully serve the company’s growth in biologics research and development. The facility provides Glenmark with a complete suite of end-to-end, in-house capabilities necessary for early production of investigational biologics medicines, including cell line development, bioassay development and upstream and downstream development, as well as CMC program management as projects advance to Phase II and III.
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST-ANTIBODY ENGINEERING
The successful candidate will join an innovative antibody/protein engineering department with a strong record of success in developing novel antibody therapeutics. This hands-on senior position requires working on engineering antibodies by rational design and managing research associates. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding and extensive experience in protein engineering, protein-protein interaction, and antibody developability assessment. This position will be based at Biopôle in Epalinges (Lausanne).
- Lead/participate in the design and production of bispecific antibodies
- Participate in the development of innovative solutions to engineer and characterize antibodies and novel antibody formats
- Manage research technicians
- Clone, express, purify and characterize lead antibody candidates in a high-throughput manner
- Closely interact with immunology and analytical teams
- Participate in the preparation of patents and publications
- Participate in day-to-day laboratory management
- Perform other relevant responsibilities as required.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Structural Biology or related fields with at least 3 years of relevant experience preferably in industry. Applicants with a strong background in structural biology/recombinant expression are encouraged to apply
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience in protein engineering, protein expression, protein-protein interaction techniques, protein structure, and biophysical methods. Experience in making recombinant CHO pools is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in managing research technicians
- Demonstrated experience with bioinformatics techniques and 3D structure visualization software
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with flexibility in a changing and demanding environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated success with problem analysis/solving, anticipation and proactivity
- Strong sense of discipline and initiative, exceptional planning and organization skills and a hands-on approach to work
Interested applicants are invited to send a CV to: GSAhr@glenmarkpharma.com