Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of three major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences and Food Safety & Analytical Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
Demonstrating excellent problem solving skills and result focus you will strengthen the flavour group by supporting the development, innovation and renovation in the area of flavour research. You will act in key projects to deliver natural taste & superior flavour in line with nutritional requirements, clean label, and consumer-accepted and evolving ingredients. This includes the rapid prototyping of concepts and feasibility of scale-up based on the needs of the projects/business.
- Manage research activities (scientific and technical staff, resources, budgets) in in the area of aroma, taste and mouthfeel, report results to the business clients, R&D partners and the scientific community
- Drive science for the optimization of ingredients, raw materials and processes including prototyping in view of feasible applications and generation of IP
- Participate in establishing and further developing strong analytical methods/tools in named domain
- Contribute to new project proposals and identification of strategic research areas for the flavour group
- Identify new and leverage key external partners for acceleration of projects
- Focus on good stakeholder management with the aim to transfer and adopt proposed flavour solutions to Nestlé Product Technology Centers and/or business/markets
Education and experience
- PhD in Food Chemistry, Food Engineering, Plant or Biochemistry, or any related field, with a focus on flavour chemistry, flavour generation and technology
- 3-4 years’ experience in the area of flavour research, ideally in an industrial context with sound knowledge of food technologies and demonstrated project management skills
- Hands on experience in state-of-the-art tools for flavour analytics, knowledge in sensory/chemometrics are an asset
- Demonstrated capability to establish and manage external collaborations, especially within a multidisciplinary context
- Ability to think strategically and application oriented
- Fluency in English in oral and written form
Show us that you have excellent result focus and analytical skills. Your ability to contribute to a climate for innovation/renovation and knowledge sharing, combined with a strong proactive cooperation is what will set you apart among the other candidates.
Your sense of initiative and capacity to build relationships, combined with good understanding of business environment are assets to our company.
If you are interested in joining a very international scientific environment and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English on www.nestle.com/jobs with your CV, cover letter and full list of publications.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. It is present in 189 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 323,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.