Institute of Computational Biology
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The Institute of Computational Biology is an internationally recognized major institution in computational biology, with the goal of integrating biomedical information on multiple scales, ranging from single cell time series to cohort omics data.
We are currently looking for a
- Coordination, establishment and maintainance of our scientific collaboration projects with biological and medical research institutions, especially in the context of artificial intelligence (serving as primary contact person, setting up partnership and data exchange contracts in cooperation with the legal department, organizing meetings, workshops, lectures and other events with partners etc.)
- Identification of new collaboration opportunities
- Project management, supervision of reporting, scheduling and administrative issues for third-party and industry funded projects as well as support in grant applications
- PhD degree in natural sciences
- Expertise in bioinformatics, computer science or related fields as well as biomedical background knowledge is a plus
- Experience in scientific project management
- Strong interest in biomedical issues and AI context
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to manage a broad range of different responsibilities
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- Ability to interact with scientists at different levels
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and with a high level of motivation
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.