Darwin Life, INC. is seeking an ambitious Junior Research Associate to join our research group overseen by Dr. John Zhang. Based in New York City, NY, our research team conducts cutting-edge research on human eggs under an IRB license to explore new fertility technologies and more. Job responsibilities will primarily take place in a laboratory setting but will also include some administrative tasks. Ideal candidates will train on proprietary techniques with our research team, and assist in the lab with ongoing, real-time experiments. Prior lab experience with any animal eggs or embryos is preferable, and prior experience in cell manipulation is ideal but not required. Any prior clinical experience is a plus. Frequent work trips abroad may be required, so passport status is crucial.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with researchers to develop objectives for research, including the design, methods and measures for quality control.
- Plan research experiments and analysis.
- Implement modifications and refinement of the process to better meet the research objectives.
- Replicate experiments and review statistical results for accuracy, validity and reliability.
- Assist in the creation of written reports and presentations of the results to internal customers.
- Participate in the testing process of other research through review, analysis and test witnessing of software applications.
- Monitor development and updates of the project on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting data when needed to corresponding laboratories for research and pregnancy updates
- Double checking, scanning and filing incoming PGS/PDG results
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Most work is performed in a laboratory or office environment, but this position also will collaborate and perform quality control in manufacturing and engineering areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear appropriate personal safety protection equipment. This equipment will vary based upon the work location and type of work being performed but may include safety glasses and often will include protective clothing.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least four years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in a related field. Prior experience conducting research analysis.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures