Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (www.glenmarkpharma.com) is a research-led, global, fully integrated pharmaceutical company. The group is present in more than 40 countries including the USA and Europe. Our Swiss operation encompasses the Company’s Biological Research and Development Centre and focuses on the discovery and development of novel biological entities comprising monoclonal antibodies and proprietary bispecific format. We provide an attractive, international and multicultural research environment with career opportunities for scientists engaged in applied biomedical sciences. We are a rapidly growing company with an attractive and competitive early research and development portfolio in the areas of immuno-oncology, respiratory and dermatology research.
Project Team Leader (PTL) – Biotherapeutic Discovery
The PTL will lead scientific and drug development projects while leading and mentoring a team of biologists involved in various facets of drug development and advancing biologics drug discovery with a milestone driven approach.
- Define and execute experimental approaches in the field of immuno-oncology or inflammation, supporting preclinical drug candidate development.
- Effectively manage assigned therapeutic projects in line with company criteria and timelines within a matrix team environment.
- Provide transparent, focused updates to manager and company executives as requested and represent company at scientific conferences, regulatory body meetings and other external organizations as needed.
- Work independently as well as manage and lead a team of scientists and technicians, doing cutting edge research, design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot and suggest next steps. Management responsibilities include recruitment, development, education, coaching, training, yearly appraisals and follow-up, with continuous focus on improving working processes.
- Collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership
- Build knowledge on the disease area and provide scientific leadership to project development.
- Ensure project progression according to timelines and milestones.
- Coordinate the interaction within discovery with other functions.
- Establish and foster interactions with CROs and academic institutions.
- Contribute to regulatory documents, scientific publications, patents.
- Make scientific contributions that have significant impact on Glenmark’s innovation and overall research direction of the company
- Maintain orderly and timely record of project plans and results in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Represent the preclinical pharmacology function in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Perform other relevant responsibilities as required.
- PhD with 10+ years of pharma or biotech drug discovery experience
- Strong background in Immunology/Inflammatory diseases/Immuno-Oncology and signaling with demonstrated expertise in incorporating this knowledge into drug discovery
- Track record of leading research projects to IND-track nomination
- Demonstrated success in leading a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups/functions
- Innovative, motivated, researcher with strong problem solving and communication skills
- Expertise in developing Lead candidate profiling mechanistic and functional assays to support biologics drug discovery efforts to guide lead optimization and development candidate selection, specifically running and evaluating experiments to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation
- Knowledge of assays and metrics that report on potency, selectivity, ADME, PK, PD, safety & efficacy
- Solid understanding of how to leverage biomarkers and translational research to guide clinical development
- Excellent publication record
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and training of scientific professionals
- Fluent English is required; proficiency in French is highly desirable
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work flexibly and reliably, prioritizing accordingly to the company objectives
- Team player who collaborates and communicates effectively in team environment
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment