This is a unique career opportunity to work with innovative biomedical research imaging products, build professional relationships with highly specialized thought leaders, world renowned in vivo imaging centers with a vision and drive to contribute to the establishment of a market leading presence of iThera Medical’s optoacoustic preclinical and clinical in vivo imaging portfolio in the US and Canada.
As “Application Specialist”, you will provide applications support for existing and new preclinical and clinical products of iThera Medical in the areas of sales demonstrations, symposia, trade shows, customer training, support and education. In addition, you will prepare and execute imaging studies, in close cooperation with partners from industry and academia.
Specific activities include:
- Provide pre-sales presentations and demonstrations on the portfolio of iThera Medical’s imaging technologies
- Provide pre- and post-installation application support, training for new and existing customers, as well as support on data analysis and discussion
- Contribute to writing grant applications and scientific publications related to preclinical and clinical MSOT applications
- Develop imaging study design and protocols, support data acquisition on-site, maintain continuous relationships with MSOT customers
- Participate in scientific conferences, prepare and submit related abstracts and presentations
- Collect user feedback for continuous product improvement
For many of these activities the “Application Specialist” will work with other iThera Medical employees as well as academic and industry collaborators.
Your qualifications / profile
The qualified candidate should have a strong background in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biological Engineering and/or related fields, excellent analytical skills, a strong experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- PhD or Post doc experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of in vivo small animal imaging experience
- Fundamental knowledge of various imaging modalities (optical, PET, MRI, ultrasound)
- Excellent knowledge in small animal anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology
- Good knowledge of probe chemistry and molecular biology
- Grant writing experience
Your skills / abilities
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmly and effectively under pressure from time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to mentor new and less experienced users
In addition to the “hard skills” listed above, we require a passion for exploring new ground, starting new business and working closely in a team.
- Breakthrough technology in the growth market of medical devices
- Substantial individual responsibility and the opportunity to realize own ideas
- A young, dynamic and diversified team to work with
Do you want to join us on our ride into a brighter imaging future? Do you want to take on responsibility and shape leading-edge technology, in a dynamic environment? Then we are looking forward to hear back from you!
About iThera Medical
iThera Medical offers the next generation in photonic molecular imaging technology. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from the Helmholtz Center Munich. Together, we pursue the further development of proprietary optoacoustic imaging technology for use in preclinical and clinical applications. Our international customers include the most prestigious research centers, academic hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. Please visit our website for more information (www.ithera-medical.com).