Research Assistant position is available at Texas Children's Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the pre-clinical efforts of a large, translational cancer immunotherapy program. Lab offers outstanding state-of-the-art, recently expanded laboratory facilities and a highly interactive translational research environment.
Position will focus primarily on:
- Isolation, numeric expansion, and gene transduction of immune cell subsets from peripheral blood mononuclear cells of cancer patients.
- Phenotyping and functional characterization of gene-modified immune cell subsets derived from cancer patients
Required: Master's degree in a basic science. Will also consider a Bachelor’s degree and three years of directly related experience.
Required: One year of directly related experience.
- Candidates should have knowledge of cell biology and immunology with experience in cell isolation, culture, and analysis by FACS.
- Experience with human immune effector cells.
- Must possess proficiency with immunology lab techniques, problem solving skills, excellent record keeping, multi-tasking capabilities, and knowledge of data analysis and reporting software packages, excellent communication skills and team-working attitude.