The Autoimmunity, Transplantation & Inflammation (ATI) Disease Area is seeking an innovative and highly motivated senior scientist to initiate and guide research projects focusing on sterile inflammation and innate immunity with the aim to discover novel therapies for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
- Head a state-of-the-art laboratory
- Be a member of / eventually lead cross-functional project teams
- Use biochemical techniques to identify and profile drug candidates for relevant molecular targets, and investigate their mechanism of action
- Involved in early drug discovery activities up to clinical proof-of-concept studies in patients. You will have access to a broad spectrum of skill sets by collaborating with chemists, immunologists, clinicians and technology experts.
We encourage that your scientific work will continue to result in impactful publications in peer-reviewed journals.
This position is located on the Novartis Campus in Basel, Switzerland, an inspiring environment to foster innovation. We are using best-in-class architecture and design to offer a state-of-the-art workplace.
The Autoimmunity, Transplantation & Inflammation (ATI) Disease Area at NIBR is a group of about 200 scientists using a diverse array of novel approaches and cutting-edge technology to develop drugs that improve the lives of individuals suffering from immune-mediated and inflammatory diseases.
At the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), the global research organization of Novartis, we are committed to discovering innovative medicines to cure disease and improve human health. By hiring the best scientists, we have fostered an atmosphere for drug discovery where risk taking and innovation are rewarded. It is ultimately the talent of the individual that determines our success, while our state-of-the-art technologies and resources enable these ideas to be realized.
- PhD with a strong background in biochemistry
- Several years of post-doctoral training
- Experience in enzyme kinetics and good knowledge of cellular/molecular immunology will be a strong asset
- Experience as an independent research scientist in an academic setting and/or in the pharmaceutical/biotech sector
- Significant scientific accomplishments and successful collaborations documented by publications in high-impact journals
- Recognized success in independently initiating and leading projects
- Proven track record of leadership, strategic thinking, creativity, and risk taking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)