Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world. Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2,500 people across the U.S. Visit hhmi.org/careers to learn more about working at HHMI.
The laboratory of Tanya Paull, PhD, a Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Investigator at The University of Texas in Austin, seeks a motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to support the daily operations of their dynamic research group.
- Lead a research project related to DNA repair mechanisms in eukaryotic cells
- participate in laboratory activities and collaborative projects
- mentor scientists in training
- communicate research findings at conferences and group events
- Ph.D. degree
- experience in molecular biology and excellent publication record
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer