Backed by world-renowned Duke University and the National University of Singapore (NUS), Duke-NUS Medical School (Duke-NUS) is a young, vibrant institution that punches above its weight. Duke-NUS’ international reputation in biomedical research and medical education has grown exponentially since 2005. Today, it is one of Singapore’s leading medical schools and a prolific contributor to world-class scientific research. A major collaboration in Academic Medicine between Duke-NUS and Singapore Health Services (SingHealth) – Singapore’s largest healthcare group – augments the exchange of ideas and research discoveries among scientists and clinicians to bring about positive outcomes which benefit patients.
The Rackham Lab uses data-driven tools to find the key regulators of cell fate in order to develop novel cell therapies and disease interventions. In this new project we will combine two existing tools to optimise existing cell therapies and find novel treatments for environmentally driven diseases. We are looking for 2 Senior Research Fellows experienced in the area of Wet Laboratory and Computational Biology respectively, with a strong interest in Cell Reprogramming. The project will involve the use and combination of a number of cutting edge computational and experimental techniques in order to rapidly develop protocols for controlling cell fate.
The chosen candidates will be expected to:
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research techniques which include accurate in-depth assessment, interpretation and evaluation of next generation sequencing data sets, conceptualise new ideas and develop plans for independent research in the field of cell reprogramming, next generation sequencing (RNAseq, scRNAseq, ATACseq and RiboSeq).
- Write and review research papers, presenting research outcomes and develop connections with local and international researchers for collaboration work.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior researchers, undergraduate and graduate students, occasional educational/instructional activities.
- Maintain optimal experimental progress in the laboratory.
- Experience with performing RNAseq and/or ATACseq and/or scRNAseq and/or RiboSeq.
- Experience with gene over-expression or knockdown with CRISPRa/CRISPRi.
- Experience with deriving and optimising cell culture conditions
- Experience with both developing and using computational tools written in R, PERL and Python.
- Experience with processing and analysing next-generation sequencing data, in particular single-cell RNA sequencing and ATAC sequencing.
- PhD in Science/Life Sciences for Wet Lab or Bioinformatics/Computational Biology with 3-6 years of post-doctoral experience in the design and conduct of projects.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge, skills and expertise, with capability of leadership and achieving research excellence.
- Ability to secure independent funding.
- Evidence of high impact publication experimental results.
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae, cover letter and 3 reference letters to email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.