The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2017 rankings. It is one of only 49 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The department of Leukemia is dedicated to quality patient care, innovative research, and developing more effective treatments for all types of leukemia. Clinical research conducted by our faculty and staff consistently translates into new leukemia therapies and advances overall knowledge of the disease.
The Sr Research Assistant provides supervision, special training to technical personnel and/or highly technical work in medical and related research projects.
The salary range is: min-$39,200, mid-$49,000 and max-$58,800.
1. Performs quality research in relation to current research projects, and other identified needs. Interprets results of experiments, and makes necessary changes in procedures when needed. Compiles data sheets.
2. Responsible for providing laboratory services, including tissue culture, flow cytometry, FACS sorting, CyTOF analysis, processing research samples, and/or cataloging samples as needed. Interacts with the principal investigators, postdoctoral fellows and other research personnel in communicating experimental design and results.
3. Performs and coordinates scientific experiments in a collaborative effort with other technicians, postdoctoral fellows, and staff members. Monitors work flow as it pertains to the need for supplies, equipment maintenance and stock solutions. Performs preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment. Trains new staff members on laboratory techniques. Provides ongoing quality control of all laboratory procedures.
Required: Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Required: Two years experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
Preferred: Mouse handling and flow cytometry experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Employee Status: Regular
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 58,800