The Italian Institute for Genomic Medicine (IIGM) is recruiting junior and senior Group Leaders with outstanding expertise on basic and translation oncology for a new program on Precision Medicine starting on January 2019. The positions are typically for three years, renewable upon successful review.
IIGM is a new research institute funded by Compagnia di San Paolo, a leading Italian charity. The institute mission is to become a European leader in translation research, particularly on adult and pediatric oncology.
Major research interests at IIGM are:
• Data Science and Advanced Bioinformatics
• Genomics, Proteomics and Epigenetics
• Molecular Epidemiology and Prevention
• Tumor Immunology
• Tumor Microenvironment
• Cancer Stem Cells
• Mouse Models of Cancer
• Development of Therapeutics
• Development of Biomarkers for Therapeutic Interventions
The Group Leaders will be offered:
• Salary and starting/matching grant
• Suitable office and laboratory space to accommodate the research group
• State-of-the-art laboratory facilities embedded in existing high-standard research infrastructures.
Applications should include:
• Complete curriculum vitae with a list of 5 major publications
• Current research interest and motivation letter
• Future research plan (two pages max)
• Any research grants that could be available for the new position.
• At least 3 reference letters sent directly to the management office (please include the title, affiliation, and contact information of the referee, and where and how the referee got to know the applicant)….